DETAILS: Corning Incorporated will showcase new fiber and cable innovations, along with solutions for every segment of the network, at the virtual 2021 Optical Networking and Communication Conference & Exhibition (OFC), held June 7 through 11. Visitors to Corning’s virtual booth can see all the new innovations, designed to help network operators speed deployment, improve network performance and lower their total cost of ownership. Key innovations include:
- The newest addition to Corning’s MiniXtend® cable line. This 192-fiber micro cable with binderless FastAccess® technology will leverage Corning’s new SMF-28® Contour fiber with 190-micron outer diameter. The compact MiniXtend XD cable provides installers with greater flexibility in tighter spaces without sacrificing fiber density or deployment speed – enabling 33% more fibers per duct compared to legacy MiniXtend HD cable and 70% faster cable access compared to traditional cable designs.
- The latest innovations in Corning’s RocketRibbon® cable portfolio, including the world’s first armored cables with Corning’s FastAccess technology – offering ease of installation coupled with innovative ribbon protection. The innovation is offered in 288-fiber, 432-fiber, and 864-fiber variations. The compact designs enable up to twice as much fiber per duct and 60% faster cable access than existing solutions, while maintaining the benefits of a backward-compatible and proven industry-standard ribbon design.
- Corning’s newest long-haul terrestrial fiber, SMF-28® ULL fiber with advanced bend, designed for the most challenging long-haul and high-data-rate networks. Compared to standard single-mode fibers, it enables up to twice the capacity and reach at data rates of 800G and greater, at a lower cost per bit.
- The latest innovations in Corning’s data center portfolio, including Corning CleanAdvantage™ Technology and MTP® PRO Connecter with Push-Pull boot, which provide high-performance data centers with faster, cost-effective deployments and a streamlined path to revenue growth.
- Evolv™ Hardened Connectivity Solutions with Pushlok™ Technology, designed to simplify fiber deployment for all types of communications networks, enabling 5G-ready connectivity in the most congested of environments.
- Everon™ Network Solutions, the complete enterprise-grade network solution built on optical technology, delivering reduced costs at installation and over the lifetime of a building. The Everon portfolio includes solutions for the fiber backbone, cellular connectivity, and 5G-ready capabilities all the way to the edge of the network, giving building operators the flexibility and scale to design for the future.
- Corning’s newest solutions for original equipment manufacturers, showcasing industry-leading expertise in bringing high-density optical connectivity directly to the chip.
“Reliable, high-speed connectivity has never been more vital – from access networks, to cloud data centers, to smart buildings, to the promise of 5G,” said Dr. Bernhard Deutsch, vice president and general manager, Corning Optical Fiber and Cable. “Optical fiber, cable, and connectivity are at the center of all these technologies. As bandwidth demands accelerate, Corning remains at the forefront of innovation for every segment of the network.”
Corning’s experts will offer insights on industry trends during workshops throughout the conference. Topics including co-packaged optics; the next 10 years of optical networks; power efficiency in submarine fiber systems; and the past, present, and future of fiber innovation.
To hear the presentations, see the demonstrations, and connect with Corning experts, visit our exhibition page, available to registered conference attendees. See Corning’s media resources page for more information.
WHEN: June 7-11
WHERE: 2021 Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exhibition: register here free of charge.
Caution Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
The statements contained in this release that are not historical facts or information and contain words such as “will,” “believe,” “anticipate,” “expect,” “intend,” “plan,” “seek,” “see,” “would,” and “target” and similar expressions are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and include estimates and assumptions related to economic, competitive and legislative developments. Such statements relate to future events that by their nature address matters that are, to different degrees, uncertain. These estimates are subject to change and uncertainty which are, in many instances, beyond our control. There can be no assurance that future developments will be in accordance with management’s expectations. Actual results could differ materially from those expected by us, depending on the outcome of various factors. We do not undertake to update forward-looking statements.
Although the Company believes that these forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions regarding, among other things, current estimates and forecasts, general economic conditions, its knowledge of its business, and key performance indicators that impact the Company, actual results could differ materially. The Company does not undertake to update forward-looking statements. Some of the risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in or implied by the forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to: the duration and severity of the COVID-19 pandemic, and its ultimate impact across our businesses on demand, operations and our global supply chains; the effects of acquisitions, dispositions and other similar transactions; global business, financial, economic and political conditions; tariffs and import duties; currency fluctuations between the U.S. dollar and other currencies, primarily the Japanese yen, new Taiwan dollar, euro, Chinese yuan and South Korean won; product demand and industry capacity; competitive products and pricing; availability and costs of critical components and materials; new product development and commercialization; order activity and demand from major customers; the amount and timing of our cash flows and earnings and other conditions, which may affect our ability to pay our quarterly dividend at the planned level or to repurchase shares at planned levels; possible disruption in commercial activities due to terrorist activity, cyber-attack, armed conflict, political or financial instability, natural disasters, or major health concerns; loss of intellectual property due to theft, cyber-attack, or disruption to our information technology infrastructure; unanticipated disruption to equipment, facilities, IT systems or operations; effect of regulatory and legal developments; ability to pace capital spending to anticipated levels of customer demand; rate of technology change; ability to enforce patents and protect intellectual property and trade secrets; adverse litigation; product and components performance issues; retention of key personnel; customer ability, most notably in the Display Technologies segment, to maintain profitable operations and obtain financing to fund ongoing operations and manufacturing expansions and pay receivables when due; loss of significant customers; changes in tax laws and regulations; the impacts of audits by taxing authorities; the potential impact of legislation, government regulations, and other government action and investigations; and other risks detailed in Corning’s SEC filings.
For a complete listing of risks and other factors, please reference the risk factors and forward-looking statements described in our annual reports on Form 10-K and quarterly reports on Form 10-Q.
In accordance with guidance provided by the SEC regarding the use of company websites and social media channels to disclose material information, Corning Incorporated (“Corning”) wishes to notify investors, media, and other interested parties that it uses its website (https://www.corning.com/worldwide/en/about-us/news-events.html) to publish important information about the company, including information that may be deemed material to investors, or supplemental to information contained in this or other press releases. The list of websites and social media channels that the company uses may be updated on Corning’s media and website from time to time. Corning encourages investors, media, and other interested parties to review the information Corning may publish through its website and social media channels as described above, in addition to the company’s SEC filings, press releases, conference calls, and webcasts.
About Corning Incorporated
Corning (www.corning.com) is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science, with a 170-year track record of life-changing inventions. Corning applies its unparalleled expertise in glass science, ceramic science, and optical physics along with its deep manufacturing and engineering capabilities to develop category-defining products that transform industries and enhance people's lives. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in RD&E, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and deep, trust-based relationships with customers who are global leaders in their industries. Corning’s capabilities are versatile and synergistic, which allows the company to evolve to meet changing market needs, while also helping our customers capture new opportunities in dynamic industries. Today, Corning’s markets include optical communications, mobile consumer electronics, display, automotive, and life sciences.