Why Corning hires veterans:
At Corning, we recognize the best business leaders don’t always start their careers in business. We recognize that the US military is one of the greatest institutions in the nation for instilling values like leadership, teamwork, and integrity. The veterans we hire have an intense work ethic and proven expertise in a variety of disciplines, and we recognize that the military is a valuable source of highly-qualified candidates.
The experiences you’ve had as a military veteran make you an especially-qualified candidate at Corning:
• Ability to adapt and improvise
• Ability to overcome barriers and solve problems creatively
• Ability to work alongside others in an intense and collaborative work environment
• Experience with science and technology projects that have the potential to change people’s lives
• A passion and commitment to research and development
• Leadership: influencing others to accomplish the mission by providing purpose, direction, and motivation
"Supporting veterans who have served around the world is a priority for Corning. We provide a welcome and supportive community for veterans to thrive in the workplace," said Eric Musser, Corning’s president and chief operating officer and executive co-sponsor of the Corning Valley chapter of C-VETS.