LEAD = Leadership Experiences Accelerating Development
Our leadership development program prepares you to be a part of our next generation of business leaders.
What is the Leadership Development Program?
While there is no established sequence, the path you follow will blend your career interests with Corning’s business needs. You will have the opportunity to work within different functions, early in your career with Corning, to help build an initial network and broad organizational knowledge.
Develop strengths that enhance your progress
As a participant in LEAD, you will have the opportunity to use strong analytical skills, combined with judgment and leadership, to assess data and share recommendations directly with business leaders. Your work with Corning will be important and matter to the overall organization.
In our leadership development program, you will touch our business segments and develop functional knowledge in areas such as:
- Strategy and planning
- Commercial and business development
- Manufacturing and engineering
- Innovation management
Meet a few LEAD Participants
What are the Roles
This graphic shows what roles our leadership development program participants currently occupy. To better understand Corning's acronyms, please see below:
- CET = Corning Environmental Technologies
- CLS = Corning Life Sciences
- CPT = Corning Pharmaceutical Technologies
- COC = Corning Optical Communications
- CGT = Corning Glass Technologies
- CSM = Corning Specialty Materials
- EIG = Emerging Innovations Group
What Are We Looking For
- Pursuing an MBA at one of our targeted schools. At this time, Corning is recruiting for the LEAD Program at the following MBA schools: Tuck at Dartmouth, Kenan Flagler at University of North Carolina, Johnson at Cornell, Sloan at MIT, Harvard Business School, Fuqua at Duke, and Darden at University of Virginia. Note that schools vary between first and second year recruiting.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Passion for technology
- Keen business acumen
- Aspiration to executive-level general management
- Desire to work on life-changing technologies
- Ability to thrive in Corning's culture: open, engaging, friendly, & driven
- US Work Authorization Required
Questions? Please email LEAD@corning.com