Consistent. Convenient. Certain. Disease Modeling and Drug Discovery.
Organoids have become increasingly popular in disease modeling (including in COVID-19 disease modeling) and drug discovery as they resemble the composition and functionality of organs. Extracellular matrix (ECM) is an important component in generating 3D models, in order to provide biochemical cues and structural support, such as porosity and stiffness which mediates signaling for cell migration1, cell behavior and polarization2 in organoid structures.
Corning Matrigel matrix is one of the original and most widely referenced 3D cell culture tools, and our customers have done extraordinary things with this matrix. Corning’s new Matrigel matrix for organoid culture is an optimized version of this trusted product, formulated to support organoid growth and differentiation.
Corning Matrigel matrix for organoid culture is a convenient, ready-to-use solution that provides the consistency and reliability needed for successful organoid culture by employing the following steps:
- Verified to support growth and differentiation of mouse and human organoid cultures including:
– Long-term expansion of mouse small intestinal organoids for more than 7 passages with typical organoid budding morphology and marker expression3
– Growth and differentiation of polarized 3D organoids from primary human airway epithelial cells expressing typical markers4
- Each lot is measured for its elastic modulus, which is indicative of matrix stiffness
- Each lot is qualified to form stable "3D dome" structures commonly used in organoid culture
- Demonstrated to successfully grow organoids from both healthy and diseased cell origins
As an optimized matrix, Corning Matrigel matrix for organoid culture reduces the need for time-consuming screening, while providing the reproducibility and consistency essential for organoid research.