LEAD = Leadership Experiences Accelerating Development
Our leadership development program prepares you to be a part of our next generation of business leaders.
What is the Leadership Development Program?
- You will gain experiences & exposure in: 2 Businesses, 3 Roles, 4 Years
- Work on projects that matter alongside seasoned professionals
- Stretch assignments will push you, expand your knowledge base, and accelerate your learning
- Access to senior leadership
In our leadership development program, you will move through real jobs, which allow for interaction with subject matter experts, company leaders, and key technologies. Throughout the leadership program you will be expected to deliver results against our business and financial objectives.
While there is no established sequence, the path you follow will blend your career interests with Corning’s business needs. You will have the opportunity to work within different functions, early in your career with Corning, to help build an initial network and broad organizational knowledge.
Develop strengths that enhance your progress
As a participant in LEAD, you will have the opportunity to use strong analytical skills, combined with judgment and leadership, to assess data and share recommendations directly with business leaders. Your work with Corning will be important and matter to the overall organization.
In our leadership development program, you will touch our business segments and develop functional knowledge in areas such as:
- Strategy and planning
- Commercial and business development
- Manufacturing and engineering
- Innovation management
Meet a few LEAD Participants
What are the Roles
This graphic shows what roles our leadership development program participants currently occupy. To better understand Corning's acronyms, please see below:
- CET = Corning Environmental Technologies
- CLS = Corning Life Sciences
- CPT = Corning Pharmaceutical Technologies
- COC = Corning Optical Communications
- CGT = Corning Glass Technologies
- CSM = Corning Specialty Materials
- EIG = Emerging Innovations Group
What Are We Looking For
- Pursuing an MBA
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Passion for technology
- Keen business acumen
- Aspiration to executive-level general management
- Desire to work on life-changing technologies
- Ability to thrive in Corning's culture: open, engaging, friendly, & driven
- US Work Authorization Required
Questions? Please email LEAD@corning.com