Corning® Matrigel® Matrix
For nearly three decades, Corning® Matrigel® matrix has been a marquee natural extracellular matrix (ECM) environment hydrogel for use in multiple research contexts. Derived from the Engelbreth-Holm-Swarm (EHS) mouse sarcoma, the matrix helps you better mimic in vivo environments for 3D cell cultures — in addition to improving the attachment and differentiation of normal and transformed anchorage-dependent epithelia cells (among other cell types, including stem cells).
Highly compatible with a host of cell types, the many applications of Matrigel matrix span the gamut of cancer research, neurobiology, and more. For example, you'll benefit from this hydrogel if your studies involve:
- 3D cultures for murine or human epithelial cells
- scaffolding for formation and culture of normal and diseased organoids
- in vivo peripheral nerve regeneration
- tumor cell invasion assays
- in vitro and in vivo analyses of angiogenesis
- in vivo propagation of human tumors in immunosuppressed murine models
Additionally, Matrigel matrix can be used with spheroid microplates to support tighter spheroid formation.