Corning Incorporated (“Corning”) is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. Please read the following to understand how your personal data will be treated.
From time to time, Corning may make changes to this privacy statement to reflect changes in its business or to serve you better. Corning will use reasonable efforts to publish any such changes in the privacy statement, such as posting on this website. You should review this policy periodically to inform yourself of any changes. Please note the date of the policy below, so that you know when it was last updated. Users are bound by the then-current version of this privacy statement.
Corning protects your privacy on Corning.com and related Corning websites through these basic principles:
- You will be advised when Corning is collecting information about you or your online preferences and expectations and it will be made clear how that information is to be used. In general, information collected such as names, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc. will only be used by Corning to respond to inquiries, manage user established online accounts, or for specific Corning marketing activities, events or services. You will be able to choose whether or not you want to provide that information. If you choose not to provide some information, it may not be possible for you to proceed with your chosen business activity with Corning.
- Corning reserves the right to retain electronic communications sent by visitors. Further, Corning uses an SMTP gateway to forward e-mail and to log e-mail transactions. Logs of e-mail transactions include: date and time of message; name and IP address of connecting host; e-mail address of message originator; and Corning address of recipient.
- Any information collected about you will be secure and not shared with any third parties, excluding Corning affiliates or service providers, unless you give prior permission for that information to be shared. However, Corning may have to disclose personal data it considers necessary in order to comply with court orders, subpoenas, governmental or law enforcement requests, or to a third party to which ownership of Corning or a Corning subsidiary is transferred via an acquisition, merger, sale of assets, etc. Corning reserves the right to transfer information you provide to other countries in order to share such information with Corning affiliates or service providers. We maintain safeguards reasonably intended to protect your personal data from unauthorized or inappropriate access.
- When providing personal data to us in order to initiate a credit card transaction, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your online order information. When you enter this information on one of our websites, your personal data and credit card information is encrypted and sent directly to a credit card processor for verification and processing.
- In the event that personal data is retained following the completion of your request, Corning will maintain a process intended for changing or having such information deleted. To update your information or request that it be deleted, please contact us at DTAPRIOFFC@corning.com or at the address listed below. Be sure to include your name and clear instructions regarding any change to your personal data or if you would like us to delete you from our database, and Corning will use commercially reasonable efforts to complete your request. In the event you choose to delete your personal data from our database, we may retain a record of such information as well as your request for deletion as evidence of our compliance with this privacy statement.
- Corning's website may contain links to other sites not under the www.corning.com domain or not owned by Corning. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you. We are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by non-Corning sites. Corning does not endorse, warrant or guarantee the products or services described or offered in these other websites.
- For the most part, you can visit this website without revealing any information about yourself. Our web servers do not collect e-mail addresses unless you provide it to us. We do collect generalized information such as the IP address and domain name from which the connection originates. This information is used in the aggregate to measure pages viewed, the amount of time spent on the site, the number of visits, and similar information. We use this information to improve the contents of our website.
- In order to improve our site, we utilize “cookies” to maintain a record of your visit. A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to a web browser by a web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. This information does not identify you personally and you remain anonymous unless you have otherwise provided Corning with personal data. If you do not wish to accept cookies you will find instructions for disabling this function within your browser.
- Corning does not intend to collect information from children under the age of thirteen (13) without the consent of the child’s parent or legal guardian. Children under the age of thirteen (13) should only submit information to Corning with the prior consent of their parent or legal guardian. If your child has submitted personal data to Corning and you would like to request that such information be removed, please contact us as provided below and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure such information is removed.
- International visitors to the Corning site should be aware that personal data may be transferred to computers in the United States or other locations in order to fulfill your request.
- Non-personal data you supply to Corning through Corning websites, including but not limited to feedback, data, answers, questions, comments, suggestions, plans, ideas or the like, will not be treated as proprietary or as confidential and Corning assumes no obligation to protect such information from disclosure. Corning may use any such information you supply to respond to inquires or as part of its marketing activities. Further, the submission of such information to Corning shall not restrict the purchase, manufacture or use of similar products, services, plans and ideas by Corning for any purpose whatever and Corning shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the information to others without restriction.
- Corning does not endorse, nor does it participate in the practice of “spamming” (sending of unsolicited promotional e-mail). If you believe you have received such a message from Corning please contact DTAPRIOFFC@corning.com.
Data Privacy Office
One Riverfront Plaza
Corning, NY 14831
Last revised: February 25, 2013