High-speed, high-capacity solutions for transoceanic and regional submarine networks
Vascade® Optical Fiber
Vascade® Optical Fiber
Vascade® optical fibers provide the performance and reliability required in all undersea networks, up to transoceanic distances, enabling high-speed and high-capacity submarine solutions. Vascade fibers all share the fundamental characteristics of superior mechanical reliability, high optical stability, and matched and managed optical properties. Coloring and splicing occurs in a clean room environment with additional screening to ensure long-term reliability.
Each Vascade fiber type has a unique optical profile to allow customized system solutions such as tailored length, coloring, and splicing options.
Vascade EX3000 fiber is an ultra-low-loss and very large area-effective silica core fiber optimized for high-bit-rate repeatered submarine systems; ITU-T Recommendation G.654.D compliant.
Vascade EX2000 fiber is an ultra-low-loss and large area-effective silica core fiber optimized for repeatered and unrepeatered submarine systems; ITU-T Recommendation G.654.B compliant.
Vascade EX1000 fiber is a silica core fiber optimized for long unrepeatered and repeatered submarine systems that need lower attenuation characteristics compared to single-mode fibers; ITU-T Recommendation G.654.C compliant.
Vascade Optical Fiber Product Specification Sheet
- Evaluating 200G/400G Solutions for Practical Deployments in Long-haul Network
Reproduced by permission of the Institution of Engineering & Technology.
- Optical Fibers for Flexible Networks
- Ultra-low Loss Fiber and Advanced Raman Amplification Deliver Record Unrepeated 100G Transmission
- Quasi-single-mode Fiber Transmission for Submarine Systems
- 100G unrepeatered transmission over 626.8 km with a span loss in excess of 100 dB
- Towards Superior Transmission Performance in Submarine Systems: Leveraging UltraLow Attenuation and Large Effective Area
- Reduction of Splice Loss Between Fibers with Dissimilar Effective Areas
- 557-km Unrepeatered 100G Transmission with Commercial Raman DWDM System, Enhanced ROPA, and Cabled Large Aeff Ultra-Low Loss Fiber in OSP Environment
- A Response to Assertions that Fiber Manufactured in a Clean Room is Stronger and Less Susceptible to Fatigue