High-speed, high-capacity solutions for transoceanic and regional submarine networks
Vascade® Optical Fiber
Vascade® Optical Fiber
Vascade® optical fibers provide the performance and reliability required in all undersea networks, up to transoceanic distances, enabling high-speed and high-capacity submarine solutions. Vascade fibers all share the fundamental characteristics of superior mechanical reliability and outstanding optical performance. When required, optical fiber coloring and high precision splicing occurs in a clean room environment.
Vascade EX3000 fiber is an ultra-low loss and very large area-effective silica core fiber optimized for high-bit-rate repeatered submarine systems; ITU-T Recommendation G.654.D compliant.
Vascade EX2000 fiber is an ultra-low loss and large area-effective silica core fiber optimized for most submarine systems, including linear SDM systems; ITU-T Recommendation G.654.B and G.654.D compliant.
Vascade® Optical Fiber Product Specification Sheet
- High-spectral-efficiency transmission of PDM 256-QAM with Parallel Probabilistic Shaping at Record Rate-Reach Trade-offs
- 65 Tb/s Transoceanic Transmission Using Probabilistically-Shaped PDM-64QAM
- Maximum Capacities in Submarine Cables With Fixed Power Constraints for C-Band, C+L-Band, and Multicore Fiber Systems
© 2018 IEEE. Personal use of this material is permitted. Permission from IEEE must be obtained for all other uses, in any current or future media, including reprinting/republishing this material for advertising or promotional purposes, creating new collective works, for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or reuse of any copyrighted component of this work in other works. (Digital Object Identiﬁer 10.1109/JLT.2018.2858194)
- Maximum Submarine Cable Capacity Analysis with C-Band, C+L-Band, and Multicore Fiber C-Band
- Probabilistically shaped PDM 4096-QAM transmission over up to 200 km of fiber using standard intradyne detection
© 2018 Optical Society of America. Users may use, reuse, and build upon the article, or use the article for text or data mining, so long as such uses are for non-commercial purposes and appropriate attribution is maintained. All other rights are reserved. https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.26.004522
- Optical Fibers for Flexible Networks
- Ultra-low Loss Fiber and Advanced Raman Amplification Deliver Record Unrepeated 100G Transmission
- Quasi-single-mode Fiber Transmission for Submarine Systems
- 100G unrepeatered transmission over 626.8 km with a span loss in excess of 100 dB
- Towards Superior Transmission Performance in Submarine Systems: Leveraging UltraLow Attenuation and Large Effective Area
- Reduction of Splice Loss Between Fibers with Dissimilar Effective Areas