Corning Incorporated (NYSE: GLW) today announced it will exhibit technologies from its advanced glass portfolio at Touch Taiwan, Sept. 20-22, 2017, at the Taipei World Trade Center Nangang Exhibition Hall in Taiwan.
At booth N1203, Corning will highlight two revolutionary innovations enabled by Corning® Gorilla® Glass: exceptional cover glass for consumer electronics, and transformative interiors for autos.
- As the world’s leading cover material, Corning® Gorilla® Glass is celebrating 10 years of toughness in consumer electronics, as the damage-resistant cover glass of choice for device manufacturers around the globe. Gorilla Glass has been designed into more than 5 billion devices worldwide, including more than 2,100 product models across 40 major brands.
- Corning® Gorilla® Glass for Automotive Interiors can be cold formed into beautiful and complex shapes for seamlessly integrated automotive displays. This attribute, coupled with its superior damage resistance, can enable design flexibility for today’s trend toward connected cars. Corning will showcase this innovation in a standalone dashboard prototype in its booth at Touch Taiwan.
“We are excited to showcase our advanced glass portfolio enabled by our core technologies and manufacturing and engineering platforms” said Daniel Tseng, president of Corning Display Technologies Taiwan. “We hope to further inspire and engage our customers and consumers, who benefit from our innovative technologies in their everyday lives.”
Other Corning technologies highlighted in the booth include:
- Corning Iris™ Glass: A glass light-guide plate pushing the standard for slender LCD sets, enabling TVs and monitors thinner than your average smartphone.
- Corning Lotus™ NXT Glass: Display glass used as substrates, encapsulants, and carriers to enhance the design and manufacture of high-performance LTPS-OLED and LTPS-LCD displays by delivering high resolution and brightness, energy efficiency, and innovative design.
- Corning® EAGLE XG® Slim Glass: These substrates enable panel manufacturers to drive innovation for thinner, lighter, and more environmentally conscious display panels. Eagle XG delivers dimensional stability and exceptionally clean, smooth and flat surfaces with no added heavy metals.
- Corning Precision Glass Solutions: High-precision wafers and panel format glass-based solutions, enabling higher speeds, lower form factors and enhanced optical performance in various applications, including consumer electronics and the Internet of Things.
- Corning® Fibrance® Light-Diffusing Fiber: This innovative optical fiber delivers laser light in low-ambient lighting conditions. It is adaptable for a range of market applications, including consumer electronics, automotive, architecture, apparel, and medical. This fiber is particularly useful in tight or small spaces, is nearly invisible when turned off, and enables users to bend, curve and wrap around – or weave into – almost anything, while maintaining bright, continuous, uniform dielectric light.
During Touch Taiwan, Han (Jung-Han) Yim, Strategic Division Programs director, Corning Display Technologies, will deliver a keynote presentation titled “How Glass is Shaping the Future of the Display Industry” at 3:40 p.m., Sept. 20, in Room 401 of the Taipei World Trade Center Nangang Exhibition Hall.
Forward-Looking and Cautionary Statements
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” (within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995), which are based on current expectations and assumptions about Corning’s financial results and business operations, that involve substantial risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially. These risks and uncertainties include: the effect of global political, economic and business conditions; conditions in the financial and credit markets; currency fluctuations; tax rates; product demand and industry capacity; competition; reliance on a concentrated customer base; manufacturing efficiencies; cost reductions; availability of critical components and materials; new product commercialization; pricing fluctuations and changes in the mix of sales between premium and non-premium products; new plant start-up or restructuring costs; possible disruption in commercial activities due to terrorist activity, armed conflict, political or financial instability, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, or major health concerns; adequacy of insurance; equity company activities; acquisition and divestiture activities; the level of excess or obsolete inventory; the rate of technology change; the ability to enforce patents; product and components performance issues; retention of key personnel; stock price fluctuations; and adverse litigation or regulatory developments. These and other risk factors are detailed in Corning’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the day that they are made, and Corning undertakes no obligation to update them in light of new information or future events.
Digital Media Disclosure
In accordance with guidance provided by the SEC regarding the use of company websites and social media channels to disclose material information, Corning Incorporated (“Corning”) wishes to notify investors, media, and other interested parties that it intends to use its website (http://www.corning.com/worldwide/en/about-us/news-events.html) to publish important information about the company, including information that may be deemed material to investors. The list of websites and social media channels that the company uses may be updated on Corning’s media and website from time to time. Corning encourages investors, media, and other interested parties to review the information Corning may publish through its website and social media channels as described above, in addition to the company’s SEC filings, press releases, conference calls, and webcasts.
About Corning Incorporated
Corning (www.corning.com) is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science, with a 166-year track record of life-changing inventions. Corning applies its unparalleled expertise in glass science, ceramics science, and optical physics along with its deep manufacturing and engineering capabilities to develop category-defining products that transform industries and enhance people's lives. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in RD&E, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and deep, trust-based relationships with customers who are global leaders in their industries.
Corning's capabilities are versatile and synergistic, which allows the company to evolve to meet changing market needs, while also helping our customers capture new opportunities in dynamic industries. Today, Corning's markets include optical communications, mobile consumer electronics, display technology, automotive, and life sciences vessels. Corning's industry-leading products include damage-resistant cover glass for mobile devices; precision glass for advanced displays; optical fiber, wireless technologies, and connectivity solutions for state-of-the-art communications networks; trusted products to accelerate drug discovery and delivery; and clean-air technologies for cars and trucks.