Corning Incorporated (NYSE: GLW) today announced it will showcase innovations from its Corning Glass Technologies portfolio at Touch Taiwan, Aug. 24-26 at the Taipei World Trade Center Nangang Exhibition Hall in Taiwan.
Corning’s booth (N1205) will feature recently launched Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5, a cover glass that takes tough to new heights while maintaining leadership in optical clarity, touch sensitivity, and damage resistance. Responding to consumers’ number-one issue with mobile devices, the new cover glass is designed to provide further protection against breakage from everyday drops. Rigorous lab tests show that Gorilla Glass 5 survives drops onto rough, unforgiving surfaces up to four times better than competitive glass designs.
Other Corning technologies highlighted in the booth include:
- Vibrant Corning® Gorilla® Glass: A decorative design technology, Vibrant Corning Gorilla Glass provides new design options for printing on Corning’s industry-leading cover glass solution. OEMs and their customers can now express their style with multicolor, photo-realistic decorative designs for devices with the same toughness and optical clarity they have come to expect from Corning Gorilla Glass.
- Corning Iris™ Glass: Recently named a Display Component of the Year by the Society for Information Display, this high-transmission glass used as a light-guide plate enables set makers to design edge-lit LCD TVs less than 5 millimeters thick. Iris Glass delivers outstanding transmission and minimizes color shift, delivering vibrant displays with immersive colors.
- Corning Lotus™ NXT Glass: Lotus NXT Glass is designed to endure the high-temperature manufacturing processes required to make cutting-edge displays. It features dimensional stability, which enables energy-efficient devices with higher resolutions and brightness. Lotus NXT Glass is uniquely optimized for LTPS-LCD and LTPS-OLED panel-making processes.
- Corning Semiconductor Glass Products: Ideal for advanced semiconductor packaging and carriers in the semiconductor manufacturing process, Corning’s precision glass wafers provide exceptionally low total-thickness variation and low warp in a wide range of form factors, sizes, and coefficients of thermal expansion.
- Corning® EAGLE XG® Slim Glass substrates: EAGLE XG Slim Glass substrates enable panel manufacturers to innovate for thinner, lighter, and more environmentally conscious display panels.
During Touch Taiwan, James Hollis, director of sales and engineering, Corning® Gorilla® Glass, will deliver a keynote presentation titled: “Materials Science Innovations for Next Generation Consumer Electronics” at 3:35 p.m., Aug. 24, in Room 401 of the Taipei World Trade Center Nangang Exhibition Hall.
“This year at Touch Taiwan we are showcasing technologies that meet the evolving needs of our customers and satisfy industry trends,” said Daniel Tseng, president of Corning Display Technologies Taiwan. “Leveraging its strengths in glass science, ceramics science, and fusion manufacturing, Corning continues to deliver cutting-edge innovations for the display industry.”
Forward-Looking and Cautionary Statements
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” (within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995), which are based on current expectations and assumptions about Corning’s financial results and business operations, that involve substantial risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially. These risks and uncertainties include: the effect of global political, economic and business conditions; conditions in the financial and credit markets; currency fluctuations; tax rates; product demand and industry capacity; competition; reliance on a concentrated customer base; manufacturing efficiencies; cost reductions; availability of critical components and materials; new product commercialization; pricing fluctuations and changes in the mix of sales between premium and non-premium products; new plant start-up or restructuring costs; possible disruption in commercial activities due to terrorist activity, armed conflict, political or financial instability, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, or major health concerns; adequacy of insurance; equity company activities; acquisition and divestiture activities; the level of excess or obsolete inventory; the rate of technology change; the ability to enforce patents; product and components performance issues; retention of key personnel; stock price fluctuations; and adverse litigation or regulatory developments. These and other risk factors are detailed in Corning’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the day that they are made, and Corning undertakes no obligation to update them in light of new information or future events.
Digital Media Disclosure
In accordance with guidance provided by the SEC regarding the use of company websites and social media channels to disclose material information, Corning Incorporated (“Corning”) wishes to notify investors, media, and other interested parties that it intends to use its website (http://www.corning.com/worldwide/en/about-us/news-events.html) to publish important information about the company, including information that may be deemed material to investors. The list of websites and social media channels that the company uses may be updated on Corning’s media and website from time to time. Corning encourages investors, media, and other interested parties to review the information Corning may publish through its website and social media channels as described above, in addition to the company’s SEC filings, press releases, conference calls, and webcasts.
About Corning Incorporated
Corning (www.corning.com) is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges. Corning’s businesses and markets are constantly evolving. Today, Corning’s products enable diverse industries such as consumer electronics, telecommunications, transportation, and life sciences. They include damage-resistant cover glass for smartphones and tablets; precision glass for advanced displays; optical fiber, wireless technologies, and connectivity solutions for high-speed communications networks; trusted products that accelerate drug discovery and manufacturing; and emissions-control products for cars, trucks, and off-road vehicles.