Corning Optical Communications GmbH & Co KG, part of Corning Incorporated’s (NYSE:GLW) Telecommunications segment, will highlight flexibility in fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) deployment solutions at the European FTTH Conference in Munich, Feb. 14-16.
In its exhibit (booth #G15), Corning will feature its latest innovations designed to address the challenges that carriers face with FTTH deployments. Visitors will get firsthand experience with Corning’s flexible deployment solutions, beginning in the central office/central switching centre and progressing through a series of application-specific multi-dwelling unit (MDU) scenarios. Outside plant and single-family unit (SFU) product offerings will also be addressed, with each solution offering interoperable components that help maximize cost efficiency in network designs.
For the central switching centre, Corning Optical Communications’ exhibit will feature the Enhanced Management Frame (EMF), which offers superior cable and jumper routing for efficient fibre management. Modular components provide customized layouts that maximize network capabilities, while managing cost and space constraints. The product family offers both splitter and wavelength division multiplexing solutions.
The business case of today’s FTTH deployments is often greatly influenced by the ability to easily deploy optical fibre to the end user living in MDUs. Corning Optical Communications’ exhibit will address a variety of deployment scenarios with small, medium and high-rise indoor and outdoor solutions including:
• The RPDpass® Indoor Preconnectorised Solution, for medium (typically four to nine floors) and large (more than 10 floors) indoor deployments
• The Indoor Direct-Drop Preconnectorised Solution, for rapid connection of end customers in small (up to three floors) and medium deployment scenarios
• The ASCEND™ Indoor Solution, for quick connection of riser segments and drop cables in medium- and large-sized MDUs using single-fiber connectivity
• The FlexNap™ Façade Preconnectorised Solution, for quick outdoor installation on the outside of an MDU
• The OptiTap® Façade Preconnectorised Solution, for small and medium outdoor deployments that do not have enough riser space inside
• The Facade Direct-Drop Preconnectorised Solution, for small and medium indoor deployments with minimal riser space inside
In addition to the exhibit, Corning will be participating in several events at the conference:
• As part of the Voice of the Industry Speaker Session on Feb. 15, between 14:30 to 15:45, Robert Whitman, vice president of global program management for Corning Optical Communications, will provide a presentation “How to Market FTTH Networks.” The presentation will offer information on the challenges and opportunities that arise when new paths of fibre optic communications are built.
• On Feb. 14, between 15:00 to 16:30, Peter Kiesheyer, program manager for FTTH for Corning Optical Communications will provide a workshop "Be efficient in deploying your passive infrastructure."
For additional information on Corning Optical Communications products and services, contact a customer service representative at +49 800 267-646-41, toll-free in Europe, or visit the website at www.corning.com/opcomm.
About Corning Incorporated
Corning Incorporated (www.corning.com) is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics. Drawing on more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, Corning creates and makes keystone components that enable high-technology systems for consumer electronics, mobile emissions control, telecommunications and life sciences. Our products include glass substrates for LCD televisions, computer monitors and laptops; ceramic substrates and filters for mobile emission control systems; optical fibre, cable, hardware & equipment for telecommunications networks; optical biosensors for drug discovery; and other advanced optics and specialty glass solutions for a number of industries including semiconductor, aerospace, defense, astronomy and metrology.