Corning Cable Systems LLC, part of Corning Incorporated’s (NYSE:GLW) Telecommunications segment, will highlight its innovative local area network (LAN) and data center solutions at the 2011 BICSI Winter Conference, Jan. 16-19 in Orlando.
In its interactive exhibit (booth #1201), Corning will showcase a variety of optical fiber cabling solutions for enterprise applications, which most recently features Pretium EDGE™ Solutions for data center applications. Designed and developed with extensive end-user input, Pretium EDGE Solutions address the needs of ease-of-use, scalability, termination density and technology future-proofing, while offering excellent total cost of ownership. Enabled by Corning® ClearCurve® bend-insensitive 50/125 µm multimode fiber, Pretium EDGE Solutions allow for up to 35 percent faster deployment; enable up to 25 percent faster moves, adds and changes (MACs); and offer up to 100 percent more density than traditional preterminated solutions. Corning's Plug & Play™ Universal Systems for data centers will also be on display side-by-side with Pretium EDGE Solutions.
Corning will also be displaying the new Pretium EDGE Reverse Polarity Uniboot, an LC connector that provides quick and easy polarity management in the field with no tooling requirements. The Reverse Polarity Uniboot’s clamshell design avoids exposing fibers during the polarity flip. In addition, the connector has a color-coded visual reference for quick recognition of when a fiber has been reversed. Finally, the connector features a removable trigger design that allows for ten different colored triggers that can be used for segmenting network fabrics. The first 300 people to watch the demonstration at the booth will receive a free Uniboot Connector sample.
Visitors to the exhibit will also have an opportunity to try Corning Cable Systems' latest on-demand tools for LAN design and deployment, including the LANscape® Solutions Bill of Materials Tool. A free download from Corning, the BOM tool allows customers to quickly and easily select the products they need for LAN cabling systems, create a detailed bill of materials with part numbers, and save or email the document from their own computer.
Corning will provide hands-on demonstrations of the following LANscape Solutions products at the exhibit:
- Pretium EDGE Solutions 2U Housing, built with the same ease-of-use features offered in the EDGE 4U Housing, the new 2U Housing will support 144 duplex ports (288 fibers) and 96 12-fiber ports (1152 fibers)
- High performance UniCam® Connectors, which offer an industry-leading optical performance in a fast, easy field-termination solution.
- MIC® DX Armored Cable, an all-dielectric armored fiber optic cable design that eliminates the labor and costs associated with accessing and grounding a typical armored cable.
- OptiSplice® M90e Fusion Splicer, which offers the accuracy of a power through splice measurement of Corning Cable Systems’ core alignment LID-SYSTEM™ process, as well as the speed and versatility of the passive core-alignment technology known as the Core Detection System (CDS).
- OV-Mini Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR), a rugged, handheld and lightweight tester for troubleshooting fiber optic networks with the flexibility to test both single-mode and multimode (50 µm & 62.5 µm) systems with the same unit.
- OTS-600 Series Link-Loss Tester with data storage capabilities, ideal for optical network certification. Designed with ease of use as the top priority, the unit maintains the functionality one expects from an optical tester.
- OptiSplice One Fusion Splicer, a fixed v-groove, cladding alignment-based splicer that easily produces the typical 0.1 dB/splice customer requirement. The OptiSplice One is a durable and reliable splicer for restoration and installation.
- Installation videos, interactive 3D demos and various product presentations.
Last, Corning Cable Systems is a Major Sponsor of the Cabling Skills Challenge. The Cabling Skills Challenge is a BICSI event in which approximately 20 BICSI-certified installers compete in a variety of categories. Corning is supplying fusion splicers, testers and UniCam Connectors/Tool Kits for the challenge, as well as a variety of door prizes.
For additional information on Corning Cable Systems products and services, contact a customer service representative at 1-800-743-2675, toll free in the United States, or (+1) 828-901-5000, international, or visit the Web site at www.corning.com/opcomm.
About Corning Incorporated
Corning Incorporated (www.corning.com) is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics. Drawing on more than 150 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, Corning creates and makes keystone components that enable high-technology systems for consumer electronics, mobile emissions control, telecommunications and life sciences. Our products include glass substrates for LCD televisions, computer monitors and laptops; ceramic substrates and filters for mobile emission control systems; optical fiber, cable, hardware & equipment for telecommunications networks; optical biosensors for drug discovery; and other advanced optics and specialty glass solutions for a number of industries including semiconductor, aerospace, defense, astronomy and metrology.
Corning Cable Systems Contact:
Corning Communications Contact:
Lisa A. Burns