Attenuators control the optical power in a fiber. They are often combined with an active system component to maintain a desired optical power on a network even if the power of the input signal is changing.
Corning's fixed optical attenuators reduce the optical power within a given optical path without interfering or reducing the optical signal quality. Typically, this function is embedded in an optical connector or adapter element to simplify optical network installation. We utilize attenuating fiber that reduces power while preserving performance characteristics, including optical signal quality. We also offer loopback designs, patch couplers, and standard in line versions. Special designs are also available upon request.
• Test Equipment
• CATV Systems
• Point to Point Systems
• Standard Fixed Attenuation Values of 1 dB up to 30 dB
• Precision Polishing for Reduced Back Reflection
• Available in a Variety of Connector Types
• Low-Input Polarization Sensitivity
• Telcordia GR-910 Qualified