Corning Optical Communications LLC, part of Corning Incorporated’s (NYSE:GLW) Telecommunications segment, will highlight innovation in data center and local area network (LAN) solutions at the 2011 BICSI Fall Conference & Exhibition, Sept. 18-22 in Vegas.
In its interactive exhibit (booth #611), Corning will showcase a variety of optical fiber cabling solutions for enterprise applications, particularly recent user-focused improvements to its Pretium EDGE® Solutions for data center applications. Enabled by Corning® ClearCurve® bend-insensitive multimode fiber, Pretium EDGE Solutions address the needs of ease-of-use, scalability, termination density and technology future-proofing. Pretium EDGE Solutions allow for up to 35 percent faster installation. New features like snap-in routing guides, mounting brackets for depth adjustments and a reduced cable leg outside diameter make installations even more convenient.
In addition to the new features of Pretium EDGE Solutions, Corning will provide hands-on demonstrations of the following LANscape Solutions products at the exhibit:
- High performance UniCam® Connectors, which offer an industry-leading optical performance in a fast, easy field-termination solution.
- OptiSplice® M90e Fusion Splicer, which offers the accuracy of a power-through splice measurement of Corning Optical Communications’ core alignment LID-SYSTEM™ process, as well as the speed and versatility of the passive core-alignment technology, known as the Core Detection System (CDS).
- OV-Mini Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR), a rugged, handheld and lightweight tester for troubleshooting fiber optic networks with the flexibility to test both single-mode and multimode (50 µm & 62.5 µm) systems with the same unit.
- OptiSplice One Fusion Splicer, a fixed v-groove, cladding alignment-based splicer that easily produces the typical 0.1 dB/splice customer requirement. The OptiSplice One is a durable and reliable splicer for restoration and installation.
- Installation videos, interactive 3D demos and various product presentations.
Visitors to the exhibit will also have an opportunity to try Corning Optical Communications' latest on-demand tools for LAN design and deployment, including the LANscape® Solutions Bill of Materials Tool. A free download from Corning, the BOM tool allows customers to quickly and easily select the products they need for LAN cabling systems, create a detailed bill of materials with part numbers, and save or e-mail the document from their own computer.
For additional information on Corning Optical Communications products and services, contact a customer service representative at 1-800-743-2675, toll free in the United States, or (+1) 828-901-5000, international, or visit the Web site at www.corning.com/opcomm.
About Corning Incorporated
Corning Incorporated (www.corning.com) is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics. Drawing on more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, Corning creates and makes keystone components that enable high-technology systems for consumer electronics, mobile emissions control, telecommunications and life sciences. Our products include glass substrates for LCD televisions, computer monitors and laptops; ceramic substrates and filters for mobile emission control systems; optical fiber, cable, hardware & equipment for telecommunications networks; optical biosensors for drug discovery; and other advanced optics and specialty glass solutions for a number of industries including semiconductor, aerospace, defense, astronomy and metrology.