CORNING GORILLA® GLASS AND IMAGINE DRAGONS Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
By entering the Corning Gorilla® Glass and Imagine Dragons Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) you (or, if a minor in your place of residence, your parent or legal guardian on your behalf) agree to abide by all terms and conditions referenced in these Official Rules.
1) TIMING: This Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 5, 2018, and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on November 15, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes consists of five (5) separate entry periods, (each, an “Entry Period”).
a) Entry Period #1 begins at 12:00 p.m. ET on October 5, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on October 11, 2018.
b) Entry Period #2 begins at 12:01 a.m. ET on October 12, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on October 18, 2018.
c) Entry Period #3 begins at 12:01 a.m. ET on October 19, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on October 25, 2018.
d) Entry Period #4 begins at 12:01 a.m. ET on October 26, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on November 1, 2018.
e) Entry Period #5 begins at 12:01 a.m. ET on November 2, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on November 8, 2018.
f) Entry Period #6 begins at 12:01 a.m. ET on November 9, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on November 15, 2018.
2) ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents who are physically located in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia. You must be sixteen (16) years of age or older at the time of entry to be eligible to win a prize. Employees of Corning Incorporated, (“Corning” or “Sponsor”) employees of Imagine Dragons, Reynolds Mgmt, Paradigm Talent Agency, Sony Mobile Communications Inc., Doremus & Co., Fleishman-Hillard, Inc., and GMR Marketing LLC (“GMR”), and any Sweepstakes or other vendor agencies involved in this Sweepstakes (and any other person engaged to work on this Sweepstakes) and any agents acting for, or on behalf of, the above entities, their respective parent, subsidiary and related companies, officers, directors, affiliates and service providers (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and the immediate household members, whether related or not, and immediate family members (defined for the purposes of this Sweepstakes as a parent, spouse, child, and sibling) of such employees are NOT eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3) HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) methods of entry: (i) via Twitter and (ii) via Instagram.
a) Two Ways to Enter:
i. To earn an entry via Twitter: You must create a new account or use an existing account on www.twitter.com (“Twitter”); sign into your Twitter account and (1) follow the @CorningGorilla Twitter handle at https://twitter.com/corninggorilla; and (2) retweet one of the Sponsor’s designated promotional Tweets containing “#toughtobeat” and “#sweepstakes” during the Sweepstakes Period (a “Retweet”). Retweets must be in the EXACT form as the original tweet to be eligible to receive an entry into the Sweepstakes for the Entry Period during which the retweet is made. Entrants may include the title of one (1) Imagine Dragons’ song along with their Retweet, although doing so is not an entry requirement.
ii. To earn an entry via Instagram: You must create a new account or use your existing account on www.instagram.com (“Instagram”); sign into your Instagram account and (1) navigate to the promotional post on the @CorningGorilla Instagram handle at https://www.instagram.com/CorningGorilla/ (the “Post”); (2) “like” the Post during an Entry Period; (3) comment on the Post during an Entry Period; (4) include the hashtags “#toughtobeat” and “#sweepstakes” with your comment; and (5) tag a friend during an Entry Period to receive an entry into the Sweepstakes for the Entry Period during which the comment is made. Entrants may include the title of one (1) Imagine Dragons’ song along with their comment on the Post, although doing so is not an entry requirement.
b) Entry Limit: Limit one (1) entry per person/authorized Twitter account holder and one (1) entry per person/authorized Instagram account holder, for a total of up to two (2) entries per Entry Period, for a total of up to twelve (12) entries during the Sweepstakes Period. The use of automated devices to enter this Sweepstakes is prohibited. The Released Parties, Twitter, Inc., and Instagram assume no responsibility for lost, late, or misdirected entries or any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur.
4) WINNER SELECTION: One (1) business day after the close of each Entry Period, GMR will randomly select one (1) Grand Prize winner from among all eligible entries received during the most recently closed Entry Period. All random drawings will be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during each Entry Period. Limit one (1) prize per person.
5) GRAND PRIZES:
a) One (1) Entry Period #1 Grand Prize, one (1) Entry Period #2 Grand Prize, one (1) Entry Period #3 Grand Prize, and one (1) Entry Period #4 Grand Prize, each consisting of: One (1) Android mobile phone featuring Gorilla® Glass (phone manufacturer, model, features and all other aspects of phone will be at the sole discretion of the Sponsor); one (1) $150 bank card intended to be used toward the cost of phone service (bank card subject to applicable Terms & Conditions); and one (1) piece of Imagine Dragons merchandise (merchandise item and all aspects of merchandise item will be at the sole discretion of the Sponsor). The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Entry Period #1, Entry Period #2 and Entry Period #3 Grand Prize is $1,049.99.
b) One (1) Entry Period #5 Grand Prize and two (2) Entry Period #6 Grand Prizes, each consisting of: One (1) wearable fitness device featuring Gorilla® Glass (device manufacturer, model, features, and all other aspects of device will be at the sole discretion of the Sponsor); and one (1) piece of Imagine Dragons merchandise (merchandise item and all aspects of merchandise item will be at the sole discretion of the Sponsor). The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Entry Period #4 Grand Prize and each Entry Period #5 Grand Prize is $199.95.
Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No substitution, transfer, or assignment of prize permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Any and all federal, state, and local taxes related to a prize are solely the responsibility of the winners and Sponsor will comply with all tax reporting requirements.
Sponsor is not responsible for any problems related to the shipping of any prize, including, but not limited to, theft, delay, damage, or destruction/accidental loss by the shipping carrier.
Approximate Retail Value of all prizes combined: $4,799.81.
For the purposes of these Official Rules, the ARV of any electronic prize is estimated at the beginning of the Sweepstakes Period. The ARV for such prizes is subject to variances and fluctuations in the consumer marketplace between the date the ARV is estimated and the date the prize is awarded; there will be no cash or other compensation awarded for any valuation differences.
Any and all guarantees and warranties for prizes are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim. Certain conditions and restrictions may apply.
Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No substitution, transfer, or assignment of prize permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Any and all federal, state, and local taxes related to a prize are solely the responsibility of the winner and Sponsor will comply with all tax reporting requirements. All other expenses not specified as part of prize description are solely the winner’s responsibility.
Grand Prize Winners: The potential Grand Prize winners will be notified on or around two (2) business days after each Entry Period drawing via direct message to each potential Grand Prize winner’s Twitter or Instagram account used to enter. The potential Grand Prize winners will have forty-eight (48) hours from the time of notification to respond to the direct message with their first and last names, ages, and daytime phone numbers or the potential Grand Prize winner will automatically forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be randomly selected as a Grand Prize winner, time and circumstances permitting. The potential Grand Prize winner will then be contacted via phone to the phone number provided by the potential Grand Prize winner and will be required to respond within twenty-four (24) hours of notification to verify eligibility and provide a valid shipping address (no P.O. Boxes accepted). If a potential Grand Prize winner does not confirm eligibility and provide a valid shipping address, the potential Grand Prize winner will automatically forfeit the prize and an alternate entrant may be randomly selected as a Grand Prize winner, time and circumstances permitting.
Each Entry Period #1, Entry Period #2, Entry Period #3, and Entry Period #4 Grand Prize winner or, if a minor, their parent or guardian, must complete, sign, have notarized, and return to GMR within seven (7) calendar days of date of receipt all of the following as requested by Sponsor: (1) a publicity release consistent with the provisions of these Rules; (2) an affidavit of eligibility; (3) a mutually-acceptable liability release; and (4) the appropriate tax documents (the “Documents”).
Final designation as a Grand Prize winner depends on verification of eligibility as determined by the Sponsor. The Grand Prize will be shipped to the address provided during prize claim within eight (8) weeks following winner confirmation. Note: The Grand Prize elements may arrive in separate shipments.
If any attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, if a notified potential Grand Prize winner doesn’t respond within the designated time frame, if any required Documents are not returned within the required time frame, if any potential Grand Prize winner cannot be verified or found, or if any Grand Prize winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, Sponsor will declare the prize forfeited, and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner or may be randomly selected, time permitting.
Two (2) additional attempts will be made to award Grand Prizes to potential alternate winners, time permitting. If any Grand Prize remains unclaimed after these attempts, the unclaimed prize may not be awarded. Potential alternate Grand Prize winners will be selected and notified in the same manner and under the same conditions outlined above.
7) PUBLICITY RELEASE: Each Prize winner grants to Sponsor and its designees, Imagine Dragons and Imagine Dragons’ designees, including Interscope Records, the right to the use of Prize winners’ names, states of residence, Twitter or Instagram handles, pictures, likenesses, voices, videos, biographical information and statements, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes or for any other reason Sponsor sees fit, without limitation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without additional notice, consent, review or approval, and without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
8) ADDITIONAL TERMS: By entering, entrant agrees to accept and abide by the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Sweepstakes, rule interpretation, or award of prize, shall be resolved by Sponsor, whose decision shall be binding and final. By entering, entrant agrees to be notified via Twitter or Instagram, or by using the contact information provided by the entrant during prize claim process by the Sponsor and/or GMR for the purposes of the administration of this Sweepstakes. All federal, state, or territory/province, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties, Twitter, Inc., and Instagram from any injury, loss or damage to person, including death or property damage due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly to the acceptance, use, or misuse of a prize, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in the Sweepstakes. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prizes, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event), the Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor, in its discretion, elects to abbreviate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to randomly select the winner(s) from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, disruptions caused by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause that corrupts, affects or compromises the administration, security, fairness, integrity, proper conduct or intended play of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, and select the potential Prize winners from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to that time. Sponsor also reserves the right to disqualify any individual whom Sponsor or GMR deems responsible for or related to actual or attempted disruption of or interference with the Sweepstakes or its intended operation. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error (including user error), omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications failure, theft, lost, failed, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, garbled, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, including any erroneous appearance of qualification for a prize. In no case will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or Internet Service Provider (ISP), computer equipment, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, software, failure of any email or Entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problem or traffic, congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9) INDEMNIFICATION AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By entering, entrant agrees to accept and abide by the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes and agrees that any questions with regard to the conduct of this Sweepstakes, interpretation of the Official Rules or awarding of a prize shall be resolved by Sponsor or GMR whose decision shall be binding and final. By entering, entrant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties, Twitter, Inc., and Instagram from any injury, loss, or damage to person or property, including without limitation bodily injury, death, loss of privacy, breach of security, loss of control of devices/appliances, or any other harm due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to the acceptance, use, or misuse of a prize, or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity. By entering, entrant agrees to be contacted using the information provided to the Sponsor and/or GMR during entry for the purposes of Sweepstakes administration. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, the disqualification or elimination of any entries for any reason, or in the announcement of prizes, including such error as an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. All entries are the property of Sponsor and are not returnable.
Entrants’ and winners’ personal data will be used by the Released Parties and their representatives, employees, or third-party vendors for the use and purposes to execute and administer the Sweepstakes as provided in and in connection with these Official Rules.
11) GOVERNING LAW: All disputes concerning the construction, interpretation, validity, effect, and enforceability of these Official Rules will be governed by the laws of the state of New York without regard to conflicts of laws provisions. Entrant (i) agrees that exclusive jurisdiction over any legal action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes will be in state or federal courts located in or nearest to state of New York, and by entering consents to such jurisdiction and venue; (ii) consents to resolve any such claims individually and without resort to class action; and (iii) agrees that all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event will attorney’s fees or punitive, incidental, consequential, or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses be awarded.
12) WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of all Prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Corning Gorilla® Glass and Imagine Dragons Sweepstakes Winners List, Attn: Promotions Department, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151, postmarked by November 26, 2018 and received December 3, 2018. VT residents may omit return postage.
Sweepstakes is sponsored by Corning Incorporated, One Riverfront Plaza, Corning, New York, 14831.
Sweepstakes is administered by GMR Marketing LLC, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, Wisconsin, 53151.
Imagine Dragons and Paradigm Talent Agency are not responsible for the administration, execution, or conduct of the Sweepstakes or the selection of the Winners.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Instagram. You are providing your information to Corning Incorporated and its affiliates and not to Twitter or Instagram.