Corning Optical Communications GmbH & Co KG, part of Corning Incorporated’s (NYSE:GLW) Telecommunications segment, will highlight flexibility in fibre-to-the-antenna (FTTA) deployment solutions at Mobile World Congress 2012, in Barcelona, Spain, Feb. 27 to March 1.
Today’s wireless operators face ongoing challenges to supply the coverage and capacity that their customers want, especially for data. This means deploying 3G and 4G solutions, often in crowded tower and rooftop environments. Corning’s Solutions for Wireless Networks leverage field-proven innovations to make FTTA deployment a fast plug-and-play operation that can save time and money.
Corning’s new exhibit (booth C.09 in Hall 2.1) will feature its latest FTTA solutions. Corning Optical Communications’ Solutions for Wireless Networks enable service providers to easily install and upgrade wireless networks.
These unique products support Corning’s wireless technology:
Combination Optical Fibre and Power
• Remote Radio Distribution Terminal, which combines optical and power connectivity into one terminal.
Optical Fibre Only
• OptiSheath® MF2 MultiPort Terminal, which is placed at the top of the tower or on the rooftop to form the foundation of the solution.
• Remote Radio Fibre Optic Cable Assembly, a preconnectorised assembly, or jumper, with a connector for the remote radio head (RRH) interface on one end and the MultiPort Terminal on the other.
• Wireless Consolidation Terminal, which allows wireless backhaul providers to easily manage fibre drops to base station equipment at the cell site.
• Cell Site Drop Assembly, which is a preconnectorised cable assembly that makes that final link from the demarcation cabinet to an individual operator.
For additional information on Corning Optical Communications products and services, contact a customer service representative at +49 800 267-646-41, toll-free in Europe, or visit the website at www.corning.com/opcomm.
About Corning Incorporated
Corning Incorporated (www.corning.com) is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics. Drawing on more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, Corning creates and makes keystone components that enable high-technology systems for consumer electronics, mobile emissions control, telecommunications and life sciences. Our products include glass substrates for LCD televisions, computer monitors and laptops; ceramic substrates and filters for mobile emission control systems; optical fiber, cable, hardware & equipment for telecommunications networks; optical biosensors for drug discovery; and other advanced optics and specialty glass solutions for a number of industries including semiconductor, aerospace, defense, astronomy and metrology.