Lowest loss of any terrestrial grade single-mode fiber
SMF-28® ULL Optical Fiber
SMF-28® ULL Optical Fiber
Corning SMF-28® ULL optical fiber has the lowest loss of any terrestrial grade single-mode fiber with a maximum attenuation of 0.17 dB/km at 1550 nm. SMF-28 ULL fiber has been deployed around the world in some of the most challenging network applications, where ultra-low attenuation can be leveraged to extend network span lengths, skip amplification sites, upgrade to faster bit rates, add network components for improved flexibility, and lengthen the distance between regenerators.
Ultra low-loss optical fiber allows network operators to extend optical reach at very high data rates and make networks scalable for higher capacities – important as the demand for bandwidth grows.
In concert with advanced optical networking equipment, our latest ultra-low-loss optical fiber technology offers simplicity and reliability for operators. SMF-28 ULL fiber is making it possible for service providers to transmit information across longer distances with less equipment and lower installation, land acquisition, and maintenance costs.
SMF-28 ULL Optical Fiber Product Specification Sheet
- Leverage Data Center Innovation for Greater Efficiency and Profitability
- 100G Direct-Detect Transmission for Cost-Optimized DCI
- Evaluating 200G/400G Solutions for Practical Deployments in Long-haul Network
Reproduced by permission of the Institution of Engineering & Technology
- Optical Fibers for Flexible Networks
- Amplification Schemes and Multi-Channel DBP for Unrepeatered Transmission
By L. Galdino et al. in Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 34, no. 9, pp. 2221-2227, May 1, 2016. © 2016 IEEE. DOI: 10.1109/JLT.2016.2521002
- Impact of Adaptive-Rate Transponders and Fiber Attributes on the Achievable Capacity
- Record 500 km unrepeatered 1 Tbits/s (10x100G) transmission over an ultra-low loss fiber
By V. Gainov et al. in Optics Express, vol. 22, no. 19, pp. 22308-22313, September 22, 2014. © 2014 OSA. doi: 10.1364/OE.22.022308
- 150 x 120 Gb/s Unrepeatered Transmission over 333.6 km and 389.6 km (with ROPA) G.652 Fiber
- 100G-400G for Multi-Terabit Network Scale
- Lowering the Cost of Long Reach, High Performance Data Center Interconnect
- 557-km Unrepeatered 100G Transmission with Commercial Raman DWDM System, Enhanced ROPA, and Cabled Large Aeff Ultra-Low Loss Fiber in OSP Environment
- The Super Connected World: Optical Fiber Advances and Next Gen Backbone, Mobile Backhaul, and Access Networks Introduction
- Low Signal Latency in Optical Fiber Networks
- Explanation of Reflection Features in Optical Fiber as Sometimes Observed in OTDR Measurement Traces
In The News
In The News
T8 and Corning Demonstrate 100G Unrepeated Transmission over 500 km
T8 and Corning demonstrated a dense wavelength division multiplexing system, transmitting 100 Gbit/s per channel over 500 km of SMF-28® ULL optical fiber without use of regenerators or erbium doped fiber amplifiers. This combination allows providers to extend the unrepeated reach of high-capacity transmission over long distances without expensive regeneration.
Corning Long-Haul Optical Fibers Enable Advanced 100G Solution Over 250-km Network
Corning, in concert with Ciena, will demonstrate a long single-span system of long-haul optical fibers. The demonstration will feature an advanced 100G coherent solution with 250 km single-span transmission. This solution is attractive to network operators seeking to reduce remote amplifier sites and costs for powering and security.
Corning Long-Haul Optical Fibers Extend Reach in 40G, 100G Networks
Corning will demonstrate the robust performance and extended reach capability of its long-haul optical fiber products in 40 gigabits per second and 100G network systems with Ciena Corporation in San Diego. Extended reach and the ability to construct longer spans enable high-capacity transmission without expensive regeneration.
Corning's Ultra-Low-Loss Optical Fiber Chosen for United Arab Emirates Network
Corning announced that du, the United Arab Emirates's new integrated telecommunications service provider, will deploy Corning® SMF-28® ULL optical fiber as the foundation of its Pan-Emirates, high-capacity network. The first telecom operator in the Middle East to deploy this sophisticated fiber, du will span the seven Emirates and link with Saudi Arabia.