New ultra-low-loss, large effective area terrestrial fiber
TXF™ Optical Fiber
TXF™ Optical Fiber
Another in Corning’s long line of innovative optical fiber products, Corning’s TXF™ optical fiber combines both ultra-low loss and a larger effective area. TXF fiber is compliant with ITU-T Recommendation G.654.E, a category of advanced fibers for long-haul terrestrial networks with cut-off wavelength shifted to just below the loss minimized C-band region.
The superior attributes of TXF fiber allow for the provision of additional network margin that can be leveraged to allow reliable, high-data-rate transmission over longer spans and extended reach. As a result, long-haul networks with TXF fiber can be designed more efficiently, reducing the need for amplification sites, which is particularly important in remote territories with challenging terrains. TXF fiber also minimizes the number of needed regenerators, even as higher data rate upgrades are planned with more stringent OSNR requirements.
TXF™ Optical Fiber Product Specification Sheet
- Advanced Submarine Technology Goes Terrestrial
Originally published in Optical Connections (December 2018)
- Flexible Transmission Enabled by Novel M2-QAM Formats with Record Distance - Spectral Efficiency Tuneability
- Fiber Enabling Next Generation Long-Haul Networks
- Investigation of potential MPI Effects on Supervisory Channel Transmission Below Cut-off in G.654 Fibres
- G.654.E optical fibers for high-data-rate terrestrial transmission systems with long reach
By John D. Downie et al. in Proceedings of SPIE, vol. 10561, no. 105610, pp. 1-11, April 12, 2018. © 2018 SPIE. (SPIE’s official online version)
- 100 Gb/s wavelength division multiplexing four-level pulse amplitude modulated transmission over 160 km using advanced optical fibres
This paper is a postprint of a paper submitted to and accepted for publication in Electronics Letters and is subject to Institution of Engineering and Technology Copyright. The copy of record is available at the IET Digital Library.
- Extended Capacity for Next-Generation Long-Haul Networks
- Leverage Data Center Innovation for Greater Efficiency and Profitability
- Corning® TXF™ Optical Fiber Featuring Ultra-Low-Loss and Large Effective Area for Extended Reach
In The News
In The News
Corning TXF™ Optical Fiber Advances Next Generation Long-Haul Networks
Corning Incorporated (NYSE:GLW) will demonstrate its latest optical fiber innovation at the 2018 Optical Networking and Communication Conference & Exhibition (OFC), March 13-15 in San Diego, California.
Corning® TXF™ fiber enables high data-rate transmission over longer spans and extended reach for improved network flexibility and lower network cost. TXF fiber, an ultra-low loss, silica-core fiber with large effective area, is ITU-T G.654.E compliant, highlighting the industry’s recognition of the value that large effective-area fiber can bring to the terrestrial market.