Corning Incorporated (NYSE: GLW) today announced it will exhibit technologies from its advanced glass portfolio at Touch Taiwan 2018, Aug. 29-31, at the Taipei World Trade Center Nangang Exhibition Center in Taiwan.
At booth #M1334, Corning® Gorilla® Glass 6 will take center stage as Corning’s most durable cover glass to date. On average, in labs, Gorilla Glass 6 survived 15 consecutive 1 meter drops onto rough surfaces, and is up to two times better than Gorilla® Glass 5. Today, Gorilla Glass has been designed into more than 6 billion devices by more than 45 major brands.
“In addition to addressing drop height and drop frequency, Corning developed Gorilla Glass 6 to meet the requirements of modern designs that use glass on both the front and the back of the device,” said James Hollis, division vice president, sales and applications engineering, Corning Gorilla Glass, and commercial director, Gorilla Glass Parts, Specialty Materials. “We see a bright future with Gorilla Glass 6 and are sure that it will continue to be the cover glass of choice for mobile consumer electronics.”
During Touch Taiwan, James Hollis will deliver a keynote presentation at the Innovation and Application Panel on Wednesday, Aug. 29.
“Corning is confident in providing high-quality support to Taiwanese and Asian customers for technology development, product testing, engineering, and manufacturing processes,” said Daniel Tseng, president, Corning Display Technologies Taiwan. Our advanced glass portfolio on display this year showcases the many ways we meet customer requirements.”
Corning will highlight:
- Corning Gorilla Glass for Automotive Interiors - a tough, damage-resistant cover glass with outstanding touch sensitivity and optical clarity. It can be cold-formed into beautiful and complex shapes for seamlessly integrated automotive displays.
- Corning® EAGLE XG® Slim Glass substrates - enabling panel manufacturers to innovate for thinner, lighter, and more environmentally conscious display panels. EAGLE XG Glass delivers dimensional stability and exceptionally clean, smooth, flat surfaces with no added heavy metals.
- Corning Lotus™ NXT Glass - enhancing the design and manufacture of high-performance displays, and optimized for the expanding LTPS-LCD and LTPS-OLED segments. Featuring superior key attributes for flexible OLED panel manufacturing, Lotus NXT Glass leads that segment, having enabled more than 250 million flexible OLED phones since 2015.
- Corning Iris™ Glass - a glass light-guide plate for edge-lit LCD TVs and monitors. Due to its intrinsic rigidity and dimensional stability, it outperforms the incumbent technology – plastic – and allows manufacturers to reduce set thickness, increase set brightness, and design sets with slimmer bezels.
- Corning Precision Glass Solutions - offering high-precision wafer- and panel-format glass-based solutions, enabling faster processing speeds, smaller form factors, and enhanced optical performance in a variety of applications across microelectonics, including 3D sensing components, augmented reality devices, and radio frequency (RF) filters.
- Corning Laser Technologies - offering laser glass-processing systems with the ability to cut Corning Gorilla Glass, Lotus NXT Glass, and EAGLE XG Glass, as well as other chemically strengthened and non-strengthened glass types including soda-lime and other brittle materials. Adapting to customer design requirements, Laser Technologies enables high-volume production of touchscreen displays for smart phones, tablet PCs, and other consumer products.
Caution Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” (within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995), which are based on current expectations and assumptions about Corning’s financial results and business operations, that involve substantial risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially. These risks and uncertainties include: the effects of acquisitions, dispositions and other similar transactions by the Company, the effect of global business, financial, economic and political conditions; tariffs and import duties; currency fluctuations between the U.S. dollar and other currencies, primarily the Japanese yen, New Taiwan dollar, euro, Chinese yuan, and South Korean won; product demand and industry capacity; competitive products and pricing; availability and costs of critical components and materials; new product development and commercialization; order activity and demand from major customers; the amount and timing of our cash flows and earnings and other conditions, which may affect our ability to pay our quarterly dividend at the planned level or to repurchase shares at planned levels; possible disruption in commercial activities due to terrorist activity, cyber-attack, armed conflict, political or financial instability, natural disasters, or major health concerns; unanticipated disruption to equipment, facilities, IT systems or operations; effect of regulatory and legal developments; ability to pace capital spending to anticipated levels of customer demand; rate of technology change; ability to enforce patents and protect intellectual property and trade secrets; adverse litigation; product and components performance issues; retention of key personnel; customer ability, most notably in the Display Technologies segment, to maintain profitable operations and obtain financing to fund their ongoing operations and manufacturing expansions and pay their receivables when due; loss of significant customers; changes in tax laws and regulations including the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017; and the potential impact of legislation, government regulations, and other government action and investigations.
For a complete listing of risks and other factors, please reference the risk factors and forward-looking statements described in our annual reports on Form 10-K and quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. Forward-looking statements speak only as of the day that they are made, and Corning undertakes no obligation to update them in light of new information or future events.
In accordance with guidance provided by the SEC regarding the use of company websites and social media channels to disclose material information, Corning Incorporated (“Corning”) wishes to notify investors, media, and other interested parties that it uses its website (http://www.corning.com/worldwide/en/about-us/news-events.html) to publish important information about the company, including information that may be deemed material to investors, or supplemental to information contained in this or other press releases. The list of websites and social media channels that the company uses may be updated on Corning’s media and website from time to time. Corning encourages investors, media, and other interested parties to review the information Corning may publish through its website and social media channels as described above, in addition to the company’s SEC filings, press releases, conference calls, and webcasts.
About Corning Incorporated
Corning (www.corning.com) is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science, with a more than 165-year track record of life-changing inventions. Corning applies its unparalleled expertise in glass science, ceramic science, and optical physics along with its deep manufacturing and engineering capabilities to develop category-defining products that transform industries and enhance people's lives. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in RD&E, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and deep, trust-based relationships with customers who are global leaders in their industries.
Corning's capabilities are versatile and synergistic, which allows the company to evolve to meet changing market needs, while also helping our customers capture new opportunities in dynamic industries. Today, Corning's markets include optical communications, mobile consumer electronics, display technology, automotive, and life sciences vessels. Corning's industry-leading products include damage-resistant cover glass for mobile devices; precision glass for advanced displays; optical fiber, wireless technologies, and connectivity solutions for state-of-the-art communications networks; trusted products to accelerate drug discovery and delivery; and clean-air technologies for cars and trucks.