Corning Laser Technologies - Laser Machining Systems
Rely on Corning for your laser glass cutting needs. Corning’s technology offers distinct advantages over conventional cutting processes such as; low surface roughness, faster throughput and increased as-cut bend strength. The material is cut by disassociation rather than ablation leading to many additional benefits.
- Cuts: curved, straight, perpendicular, and angled lines
- Cuts extremely fast to maximize throughput
- Dramatically reduces micro-cracks
- Reduces steps for cover glass processing
- Reduces debris (clean room compatible processing)
- Cuts functional multi-layer stacks
- Cuts glass from <50µm up to 3.5mm thickness
- Eliminates fluids and tooling required in traditional processing methods
The ‘as-cut’ edge roughness may eliminate or reduce post-processing time and cost.
High Break Strength
The ‘as-cut’ edge demonstrates superior break strength over other laser and conventional glass cutting processes as measured by 3 & 4pt bend tests.
The systems can cut assembled stacks with and without air gaps, Cutting depths can be adjusted.
> Product Information Sheet