Local Area Network Solutions
Your local area network is facing unprecedented challenges: IP-based physical security and building automation systems are rapidly converging onto the same network already supporting voice, video and data services. You need a local area network infrastructure that's built for what's now and what's next.
Corning Optical Communications offers tens of thousands of fiber optic products for virtually any local area network need, and the right tools, services and customer support to help you select them. And thanks to our relationship with leading distributors, we have the largest inventory of fiber optic connectivity products in North America. So you can do the job right, and right now.
5 Things You Should Know About Fiber Optics in the Local Area Network
• Lifecycle operating and maintenance expenditures for a facility can be up to 40 times
greater than its design and construction of the facility – that includes your LAN.
• Bandwidth demand will only grow, not shrink, in your local area network.
Your LAN must support not only today's demands for voice, video and data,
but future requirements like security and building automation.
• Fiber optics are usually the less costly investment for your local area network because
of its nearly limitless bandwidth capacity and ease of upgrade.
• Optical fiber has become easier and faster to install – copper can't say the same.
• The amount of information carried in two strands of optical fiber requires a copper
cable four inches in diameter. If you're considering copper, have you got room to
spare – or grow -- in your LAN cabling space?
> Online Fiber Optic Product Catalog
> Local Area Network Solutions for Federal Agencies
> Case Studies