Corning® Hot Plates
Figure 1. Corning® Digital Hot Plates (Model PC-400D shown) and stirring hot plates have the famous Pyroceram tops and can regulate temperatures from 5°C up to 550°C.
Figure 2. External temperature controller are available on both digital hot plates and stirring hot plates (Model PC-420D shown with optional temperature controller and support rod) monitor and control solution temperatures in vessels.
Corning now extends its line of Pyroceram® glass-ceramic
top hot plates with the introduction of new digital display hot plates for precision controlled heating. They are available in the 5" x 7" (12.7 x 17.8cm) and 10" x 10" (25.4 x 25.4cm) sizes. In addition to these two popular sizes, standard hot plates are also available in 4" x 5" (10.2 x 12.7cm) and 5" x 5" (12.7 x 12.7cm) sizes.
New Digital Hot Plates offer:
- Digital LED temperature display is adjustable in 5°C increments that blinks until set temperature is reached.
- Microprocessor maintains consistent and repeatable temperature settings from 5°C (if ambient temperature is 0°C or lower) up to 550°C.
- Optional external temperature controller (Cat. No. 6795PR) truly controls temperature inside the vessel and eliminates need to closely monitor liquid temperature.
New Digital Hot Plate Safety Features:
- Bright LED HOT TOP icon lights up when top plate is over 60°C, even when heat control is turned off.
- Optional temperature controller (Cat. No. 6795PR) will shut off unit when controller is not in liquid contact.
All Corning Hot Plates offer:
- Low-Profile design that uses less space on bench tops and under hoods.
- High tech insulation keeps heat on the top, conserving energy.
- Two piece casting design deflects spills away from electronics and includes a built in support rod mount.
- 2 year warranty (PC-170 has 1 year warranty).
- Hot top indicator light blinks a warning if the top is too hot to touch (>60°C; 140°F) - even when the unit is turned off.
- Extra-large knobs with easy-to-read numbers provide better temperature control, even while wearing bulky safety gloves.
- Choice of three voltages to meet power requirements globally (see Ordering Information below).
|Corning Hot Plate Ordering Information (Click on the appropriate product number under Power Requirements below to go to the catalog for detailed product descriptions and ordering information.)|
Top plate size
|4" x 5" ||5" x 5"||5" x 7" ||10" x 10" |
|10.2 x 12.7cm || 12.7 x 12.7cm||12.7 x 17.8cm|| 25.4 x 25.4cm|
|550°C ||360°C ||550°C ||550°C |
Top plate material
|2 Year ||1 Year ||2 Year ||2 Year |
Power Requirements (Click on the appropriate product number below to go to the catalog for a detailed product description and ordering information.)
|6795-200||6795-170 ||6795-400D||6795-600D |
|6796-200 ||None |
|6797-200 ||6797-170||6797-400D ||6797-600D|
* The 6796-400D & 6796-600D are CE marked and approved for use in Europe.
** The 6798-400D & 6798-600D are not CE marked.
Pick Your Hot Plates and Stirrers