Personal Information Protection Policy
Corning Japan K.K., Corning International K.K. and Corning Holding Japan G.K. shall handle personal information in accordance with this "Personal Information Protection Policy" (this "Policy").
Personal Information Protection Policy
We will observe the following rules to protect the personal information that we acquire and handle in the course of our business. Unless otherwise defined herein, the technical terms in this policy have the meaning defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57, 2003) (the "APPI") and the Enforcement Order on the Protection of Personal Information (Cabinet Order No. 507, 2003) (the "EOPPI").
- We should comply with the APPI and the EOPPI.
- Prior to acquiring personal information, we shall specify the purpose of use of the information and shall publicly announce the purpose.
- We shall not provide or disclose personal data to a third party without obtaining the prior consent of the person who is identified by such personal data (“You”), except where disclosure is allowed under the APPI, the EOPPI and other laws and regulations. The "third party" includes any other companies including ourselves and other Corning group companies.
- We may use Corning group companies and contractors to handle personal information. For the purpose of protecting personal information, we shall improve and properly implement an outsourcing procedure for the acquisition, provision, and handling of personal information.
- We shall reasonably respond without delay to your requests for disclosure, correction or deletion, etc. of personal information, which we retain in accordance with the procedure otherwise stipulated.
- We shall properly control personal information and take reasonable measures for prevention of unauthorized access to, and destruction, tampering, leakage or loss of it.
- We may improve our methods and the policy to protect personal information from time to time. This policy is subject to amendment without prior announcement.
Purpose for Acquisition and Usage of Personal Information
Generally, we shall use the personal information which we retain for the following purposes:
- for the execution and performance of contracts in relation to our products and services;
- for our products and services support and for responding to your requests;
- for advertisements of our products, services, and events;
- for responding to inquiries on our business profile, products, and services;
- for contact, negotiate and hold meetings, etc., with you in the course of our business;
- for customer satisfaction or market surveys;
- for handling the personal Information;
- for product research and development;
- for employment (including recruiting) and human resources management;
- for provision of personal information to one another and our group companies; and,
- for safety & health, disaster prevention, and crisis management.
When we use personal information for purposes other than the foregoing, we will obtain Your prior consent unless otherwise provided under applicable laws.
About the Use of Cookie Information
When You visit our website, Cookie information about You (e.g. IP address, how long You stay in the website, which page You read, etc) may be automatically recorded in our web server. Such information shall be used for the following purposes:
- to identify and solve the cause of problems in our server;
- for website maintenance; and,
- to improve our services.
Procedure for the Disclosure Etc., of Personal Information
- Type of requests that You can make
In accordance with the APPI, we will receive the following requests, related to the retained personal data by which You are identified (the "Request"), by You, your legal representative or your authorized agent:
- request for “disclosure of the retained personal data” (Article 25, Paragraph 1 of the APPI);
- request for “correction, addition and deletion of the retained personal data” (Article 26 of the APPI);
- request to “stop the use of, or for elimination of the retained personal data” (Article 27, Paragraph 1 of the APPI); or,
- request to “stop the provision of the retained personal data to a third party” (Article 27, Paragraph 2 of the APPI).
We will provide You with the step-by-step procedure to make Requests below. For more information, please contact the information desk as described below.
Procedure to make a Request
Please contact the information desk to make Requests. Then, we will send you a request form applicable to your request (the "Request Form") via postal mail. Please fill it out accordingly and revert it to our information desk with the ID document, etc., (see item 3 of this section) as well as the basic commission (see item 4 of this section).
ID document, etc
If You make a Request related to your own personal data, please send us with a filled-out Request Form and a copy of two (2) types of the following ID documents:
your Driver’s License;
your Passport; and,
your Government Health Insurance Certificate.
If your legal representative or authorized agent makes a Request related to your own personal data, please let him/her send us a filled-out Request Form with all the following documents:
If your legal representative makes a Request
Copy of official documents such as Driver’s License or Passport of your legal representative; or,
If your authorized agent makes a Request
Proxy paper (with your registered seal)
Certificate of your seal impression (issued within the last two months)
Copy of official ID documents such as Driver’s License or Passport of your authorized agent
Commission for a Request
In accordance with Article 30 of the APPI, you shall pay a basic commission of 1000 yen. Please enclose postage equivalent to such a basic commission when you send us the ID document, etc. (If the total pages of the material to be disclosed exceeds ten (10) pages, you shall pay an additional commission of 100 yen per page.)
How Your request shall be responded to
When we receive your request, we shall examine the ID document, etc., as well as the Request, and respond to You via postal mail.
Reason not for disclosing retained personal data
If the case falls under any of the following items, we will deny your Request. In such a case, we will send a notification to You with a reason for the non-disclosure. In addition, we will not refund the basic commission described in item 4 of this section, even in the event of non-disclosure.
when we cannot properly identify You because, for example, there is a discrepancy between the address stated on the filled-out Request Form and that on the ID document, and the address registered in our database;
when we cannot verify the power of the legal representative or authorization of the agent, or properly identify the legal representative or authorized agent;
when a Request Form received by us is not filled out appropriately;
when the information under your Request is not "retained personal data" as defined under the APPI;
when it might harm the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of You or a third party to disclose the retained personal data upon a Request;
when it might interfere significantly with our proper business operation to disclose the retained personal data upon a Request; and,
when it could result in a violation of laws and regulations to disclose the retained personal data upon a Request.
Please contact the information desk below for inquiries or complaints about our personal information management.
- By postal mail
Attn: Information Desk for Personal Information
C/O Corning Japan K.K., Akasaka Intercity, 1-11-44 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0052
- By phone
03-5562-2260（Corporate Affairs）Office hour: 9:00-17:30 (Except National holidays and the office closure day)
- By E-mail
We cannot receive Your Requests or inquiries by visits to our office. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Enforcement April 1, 05
Revision December 3, 2008
Corning Japan K.K.
Corning International K.K.
Corning Holding Japan G.K.