Next-generation substrates reduce toxic emissions at vehicle engine start
The first 30 seconds after a vehicle starts are critical when it comes to emissions. In gasoline vehicles, that narrow window of time can account for 70 percent of the total regulated emissions that come out of a vehicle’s tail pipe. Addressing these “cold-start” emissions will allow vehicle makers to comply with strict new emissions regulations set to take effect in 2017.
FLORA® substrates are the perfect match for the cold-start emissions challenge. Through a unique material design that significantly reduces mass, FLORA® substrates can reach operating temperature more quickly than our standard Celcor® substrates. Discover the latest chapter in our 40-year story of ceramic material and process expertise.
• Excellent time to light-off performance to meet stringent HC emissions requirements
• Designed to facilitate on-wall coating to help maximize catalytic performance
• Can lower system cost by reducing precious metal use
• Improves fuel efficiency
• Close-coupled for light-duty gasoline
• DOC and LNT for light-duty diesel